Squats are one of the best bodyweight exercises to cutting fat from the thighs and glutes. “Squats work primarily on your thighs and glutes. The thigh muscle is one of the largest sets of muscles in the body, you can burn more calories and boost up metabolism by doing these,”. It has been shared Gaurav Sharma, Fitness Manager at SportsFit gym, Delhi.
What are the steps to do Squats?
1) Stand straight with your legs apart from matching with shoulders.
2) Keep your hands stretched out in front of you, or if you like, just place them on to your hips.
3) Keep your spine straight, back flat, and go down till it makes a form of a 90-degree angle.
4) Make sure your knees don’t touch on your toes.
5) Return again to the initial position
6) Do three sets, 20 reps each in one set
Start by doing the regular squats followed by these variations getting you a supreme lower body.
What are the top 5 Squats exercises, especially for women?
1) Goblet: Here, you stand up full and fully down, along with a kettlebell. Keep the kettlebell firmly in front of your chest and squatting. There is another pose where you just squat till 90 Degree. These procedures work exceptionally on your glutes.
2) Pulsing: Think the opposite posture of regular squats. You pulse squat by starting from 90 Degree go full down and come back to 90 Degree. These work wonderfully on your thighs.
3) Sumo Squats: These are your regular squats turning outwards. Here, your knees turn outside in place of facing the front. You can do it along with kettlebell or dumbbell. It will work magically or toning inner thighs
4) Over Head Squats: Your regular squats plus bar rod kept on the shoulders. Add more types to introduce the bar road while doing sumo squats or pulsing.
5) Other variations: “Hungarian split squats are my personal fascination. These are nice for the butt-fat loss. Here, you hold one leg elevated and move on squatting by alternative legs.
What are the things keeping your mind about Squats?
1) When you go full up and full down squats, you also work on ligaments and tendons.
2) It is practical to warm up and relax your muscles and ligaments before you begin squatting.
3) Stretching and cooling down are equally crucial after finishing squat.
4) Squats focus initially on quadriceps; it is impractical to work on your hamstrings as well.
5) As you work your muscles, there is an excess production of lactic acid due to that you may feel pain and muscle soreness. Bring your body to heal and recover from the pressure it has gone through. Sana Vidyalankar suggests not to jump into a higher number of reps in the starting but to start slowly with fewer reps, gradually build-up your stamina
6) Start with three sets of 20 reps each and hold five more reps every week.
7) Right posture is of the utmost importance. If it is not done correctly, it can impact your lower back
8) Trained with weights – dumbbells, kettlebells, and other equipment – should always be under supervision.
How to tone your thighs looking beautiful, especially for women?
If you have easy excess to the gym, such as your office or apartment complex, then it is good. But sometimes it is not possible for everyone to avail of it. Here are a few basic exercises that can help you to reduce your thighs properly. I am trying to discuss one by one respectively
1) StairMaster Stepmill
4) Leg Lift and Hold
Different types of Tadasana asana anybody can do
1) Tadasana Gomukhasana (Standing Cow Face Pose)
2) Tadasana Paschima Buddha Hastasana (Black Bound Hands Pose)
3) Tadasana Paschima Namaskarasana (Standing Reverse Prayer Pose)
4) Palm Tree Pose (Urdhva Hastotanasana)
5) Volcano Pose (Urdhva Hastasana, Tadasana Urdhva Hastasana)
6) Five-Pointed Star Pose (Utthita Tadasana)
7) Mountain Pose Variation Feet Hip Wide (Tadasana Variation Feet Hip Wide)
Finally, when you are working hard to reduce thigh mass, your eating habits should be in a proper way. Because a healthy diet would also help with exercise to reduce and tone your thigh muscles. Good luck